Saturday, September 24, 2011

Intentions...

This morning at about 4, my left eye woke me with a burning sensation I couldn't ignore. As I pried my right eye open, and glanced at the clock, it became very apparent I'd better head to the bathroom and check out the problem. Well..I'd forgotten to take the contact out of my left eye. I'm trying the mono-vision thing but I'm still not great at remembering I have a contact in my eye.

Once the contact was removed and soaking in its tiny case, I slipped back into bed and found that even though the sun was far from rising, my mind was awake. For the next hour, I ran through all the things I wanted to accomplish today, Saturday, and my day off. That's always been an interesting term...day off? How can it be a day off when I've crammed it with everything from plotting the new historical novel I thought of yesterday, to cleaning the den so I can enjoy working at my computer, to cleaning house, harvesting the rest of my garden and on and on and on. Could it be, that intentions are nothing more than over obligating ourselves and dooming us to failure?

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment