Sunday, September 18, 2011

More on a new 'published' writer's journey

Like everyone who loves to write and dreams of selling their work, I struggle with balance between work, family, writing and the other things life throws at us....now that I have a book coming out...I find myself working toward the balance in writing, life and marketing. I have to market, and I really enjoy it, but it's another piece of time I could be spending working on plotting the new historical I started two weeks ago. The time just speeds by when you're updating facebook, your blog, and if you're like me and technically challenged:) it takes even longer!

If you're in the newly published world and have achieved a balance in your life, do what I didn't do...listen to the ones who've been there, who say start your blog before you sell...build your facebook before you sell...I didn't and now I'm juggling everything in a sporadic manner.

Oh well! It will come to me eventually! In the meantime, I'm steaming apples for apple butter, shredding zucchini to freeze for winter loaves of zucchini bread, and updating my blog! Keep going fellow writers! Achieve your dream no matter how hectic it can seem at times. Well, off to can apple butter!

2 comments:

  1. I did the same thing, Tesa! But don't worry, it'll all balance out soon. Love the new blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Rebecca! Knowing how busy your schedule is, I appreciate the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete