Thursday, August 11, 2011

Book 2

High on the sale of my historical, I quickly sent a proposal for the contemporary off to a very good agency, without taking one more look at trimming the word count on my synopsis. Today I received the response. It's not right for their agency. Whether it's the length of the proposal, or the story just isn't appealing to them, I don't know. They were very professional in their response, and I would recommend them to anyone. Back to work. My dear friend Asa sent a critique after I hastily emailed the proposal off, with some very good suggestions I will now implement them and send out again.

As for my book with The Wild Rose Press...I just emailed the completed edits to the editor! I'm so excited, the thrill hasn't dimmed. The lesson here, is just because one editor likes your style, someone else might not.

This is just the beginning, and I'm not giving up!

No comments:

Post a Comment