Saturday, March 10, 2012

More Juggling...still waiting for the rhythm to set in:a

I started this blog to share the ups and downs, ins and outs of writing and maintaining your family, interests and the pesky job most of us have to work. Oh, don't get me wrong, I really like my job and all the people I work with, but after forty hours a week, it's sometimes a challenge to pull out the energy to write.

Once you've sold, there's another juggling act; marketing the first book, while you revise the next and start the third. Switching gears isn't always easy. I'm finding I have to portion my time, so my stories don't get jumbled in my mind. I have to keep telling myself I don't have to rewrite the book coming out in print soon, and I only have to tweak the next one...and create the third one...well you get the picture. Sometimes I hit a wall where all I want to do is go out in the sunshine and walk off my tension. Not a bad idea either! Sometimes that's exactly what I need.

The main point? Don't give up...keep working and finding better ways to organize your time. Find niche's to work on each project and the biggest piece of advice? Never forget; Hey man, you just sold a book!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment