Thursday, March 15, 2012

When you see the printed copy:)

Yesterday, UPS arrived with the shipment of Dangerous Disguise I ordered for personal sales and book signings. Funny how you feel when you've anticipated something for awhile, something almost too good to believe! I carried the boxes into the kitchen, and in Kate McShane fashion, slit box open with a long butcher knife:) Or would Janet Malone be more apt to do that? Either way, I opened the box and there were my books in lovely shades of purple and brown, Kate McShane's image staring into a mirror with a pensive look on her face.
It's so different when your words are in print, bound in book fashion with a shiny cover. Your name across the front. When you can hold it in your hands, it all become real...and frightening as hell! The pressure is on...I have to sell these puppies and even more. I have to promote and talk up my business as Tesa Devlyn if I want it to succeed. And I do! I hope you're able to read a copy and that you get as attached to the characters as I did:)

No comments:

Post a Comment